Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Angelina's Cool with Me...


It took a minute. I first thought Angelina Jolie was a great opportunist. Thought she ruined "Rachel's" life, and I thought she couldn't possibly really care about those African babies - hers included.

Then, after watching her interview on Anderson Cooper, I re-thought it all. I realized that Ms. Jolie is helping Africa on a level comprable with Oprah Winfrey. She knows her shit. She donates 1/3 of her income to Africa. She's adopted and given birth to African children.

I'm sure other celebrities donate. I'm sure other celebrities care, but I really appreciate Ms. Jolie for digging in and working hard to make a real change. I appreciate that she uses her status to bring awareness to Dafur and the AIDS crisis.

So, yes, maybe she did wreck a home, and maybe her lips are too big, but she's trying to help the OBs (Original Blacks) and I'm all for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just say what you feel!