Wednesday, September 3, 2008

RNC ...zzzz...WTF?!....



So the RNC finally got somewhat entertaining. I'll be honest, the first couple days I tried to watch it, but I did not succeed. I gave it 10 seconds and if I felt compelled to hit the "Guide" button, I moved around. zzzzzz for REAL.

Now, today things changed up. Rudy Giuliani and his bad grill (what's up with politicians not going to the dentist?!?) tried to "rip in to Obama". I put it in quotes because it's bull. Some sites said he ripped into Obama, but what I saw on my screen was a politician whose campaign lost steam before it even left the tracks, trying to down a man who secured 18 million votes. His delivery was weak and he stuck to pitiful jabs like:


Maybe Gov Palin's home town is not .... cosmopolitan enough for Senator Obama

On the other hand, you have a resume from a gifted man with an Ivy League education. He worked as a community organizer. What? He worked -- I said -- I said, OK, OK, maybe this is the first problem on the resume.

He worked as a community organizer. He immersed himself in Chicago machine politics.


Not a personal attack, a statement of fact. Barack Obama has never led anything, nothing, nada.


And -- and he'll do it with an all-of-the-above approach, including nuclear power, and, yes, off-shore oil drilling.
(APPLAUSE)
Drill, baby, drill?
(APPLAUSE)
Drill, baby, drill.

And so on ...

Rudy was long on corny one liners and very short on substance. I wasn't impressed. It seems like the Republican plan is to simply bash Obama and the media.

What I also noticed was that he, like all the other senior citizens who spoke, didn't mention Bush. Ever. Is he the Satan of the GOP or what?!


Mrs. Sarah Palin

Well, well, well. Isn't she a little...nothing. I expected to be accidentally knocked off my socks by this Alaskan babe. I thought she might surprise and deliver a speech for the books. I thought she'd give Obama a run for his money. Boy, was I wrong. Obama will eat her up and politely spit her out.

This school marm threw out little zingers at Obama every chance she got, but her digs rang as shrill and weird as her funny looking faces and odd voice. She scared me.

What accent was that? Why was she making those faces? Is McCain trying to lose? Was her daughter going for the Pam Anderson pregnant look? Why was the boyfriend looking like "save me" and chewing gum (snuff??), why was he on stage like he was somebody's son-IN-LAW, and Lord, why did the little girl lick her hand and rub it on the comatose baby's head? You can't beat that kind of redneck footage!

Sarah Palin did two things tonight:

1 -She sealed her spot in the Republicans hearts who know what's up and DON'T GIVE A DAMN. Those people will vote Republican if Charlie Sheen was on the ticket. Yes she sounded like the chair of the PTA, but that is 100% irrelevant to the die hard Republican.

2- She gave the Republicans who care about the economy, healthcare, and their kids a reason to pause. Oh yeah, they are thinking long and hard about this woman. Hopefully, she'll put her foot real good and deep in her mouth in the coming months. After tonight's speech, I don't see how that can be avoided. What comes across as "feisty and fearless" in Alaska will look like "bull-headed bitch" in the big United States of America.

This woman is no pit bull, more like a Boston Terrier. Bring it on, Scary Lady. Obama '08.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just say what you feel!