Thursday, February 11, 2010

Checking In

It's been a long time...I shouldn't have left you...

Thanks for the emails from people who don't even comment. LOL Glad to know I was a liiittle missed.

This world is moving at an accelerated rate, and to be honest I can't keep up. Between work, raising a 14 year old son, my crazy friends, preparing for a new home (!), Facebook, and working on a BEST SELLER that must be finished by July of this year - I'm swamped! But I'm loving it.

I'm going to start posting more often, but for now, I'll leave you with a few things I've learned over the past couple of months:

1 - Women accept way less than they deserve. Self love is crucial!

2 - Amber Rose has boring on lock. Somebody said she's like Queen Latifah's woman in Set It Off: mute and blonde. I totally agree!

3 - I just feel in my spirit that Precious cries herself to sleep most nights.

4 - John Edwards is a low down dirty pimp and that could have been your president!

5 - Ellen is the most likable lesbian EVA. Rosie should take notes.

6 - Nelson Mandela has been out of jail for 20 years.

7 - Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010 is, perhaps, as addictive as crack. Yeah I come home at lunch to play.

8 - John Mayer is one of the funniest, realest white men ever. I feel you Holly Robinson Peete. He's a total racist, but who cares -- everyone is entitled to feel how they feel. He was totally out of line.

9 - Nikki Manaj would be the ish if she dropped the gimmick and the name.

10 - People can love you and still use you. It's up to YOU to love yourself more and tell them to kick rocks!

11 - Barbara Jordan was the female Barak times 10. Remember her for Black History Month. Read up on her. Learn about all of the laws she passed for the poor and minority. Bring your kids out to see I, Barbara Jordan at the Alley Theatre by Celeste Bedford Walker (Mama :-)) Fast paced and entertaining...you'll love it.

2 comments:

Just say what you feel!