Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Lil Wayne Aims High

Weezy F(?) Baby was recently interviewed in Complex Magazine:

He had some words for Jay-Z:
“I don’t like what he’s saying about how he had to come back because hip hop’s dead and we need him,” he says. “What the fuck do you mean? If anything it’s reborn, so he’s probably having a problem with that. You left on a good note, and all of the artists were saying, ‘Yo, this is Jay’s house. He’s the best.’ Now he comes back and still thinks it’s his house. But we fucked bitches in your bed already. It’s not your house anymore and I’m better than you.”

We asked if he thinks he’s better than Jay-Z:
“Who don’t? [to friends in the background] Ay-yo, am I better than Jay? [friends laugh and nod]. I ain’t got nothing to do with who he is. I’m better than him, though. I’m 24 years old… The dude’s like…? It’s scary. I’m 13 years deep with five albums and 10 million records sold.”

We asked if he thinks he’s better than Jay-Z: “Who don’t? [to friends in the background] Ay-yo, am I better than Jay? [friends laugh and nod]. I ain’t got nothing to do with who he is. I’m better than him, though. I’m 24 years old… The dude’s like…? It’s scary. I’m 13 years deep with five albums and 10 million records sold.”
(more here)

Lil' Wayne is really showing his ass, but I'm not too mad about it. Aside from the total disrespect factor, think about it: Lil man has worked extra hard to either get some tight ghostwritten lyrics or to expand that mind when you know it don't wanna stretch too far. Then, people always doubt him because he's from the South and has that dumb look, but when they listen to his music they see how talented he is and how much he's grown. And he's only 24. So I'm sure that Wayne had been feeling like the "savior of hip hop" before Jay resurfaced. (Was he ever gone?)

Still, the negro is out of line. Jay-Z might not be quite as nice as he once was, but he can still put it down.
*Jigga will always be bigga.*

Actually, all of this is null and void because of this. Who, now, doesn't think of Lil Wayne as Baby's lover-son?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the fuck did that nigga up there just say???

    ReplyDelete

Just say what you feel!