Thursday, December 28, 2006

Spike Lee Signs On To Direct Film About James Brown

Famed director Spike Lee has signed on to shoot a movie about the late James Brown, titled "Godfather Of Soul," according to Daily Variety. The film is being developed for Viacom Inc.'s Paramount Pictures by Brian Grazer, who won an Oscar for "A Beautiful Mind" as well as produced the highly successful film based around Eminem called "8 Mile." It is scheduled to being production in 2008. (more here)

As you all know, James Brown passed away on Christmas. It was just like James Brown to even die in some kind of grand manner. I hear his wife has been locked out of the house and the legal battle is about to begin. I wish these old black men (i.e., Lou Rawls) would get their affairs in order as soon as they marry these young(er) white women. They need to make sure their kids are provided for.

I'm too young to remember James Brown (I wasn't around in his hey day, fyi) but my mother and aunt were really taken aback by his passing. Apparently, James Brown was the man. R.I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just say what you feel!