Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Complexity of a Woman

Do you want to know why I can't keep up with this blog? Simply because I'm a living, breathing, doing everything, complex WOMAN.

The load is heavy! The rewards are rich! The time is limited!

I sit here now thinking of all that I should be doing, but am not. In an effort to go easy on myself, every now and then I think of the productive times and keep it moving.

Thank God for a flexible work schedule, but I still put in 40 hours a week, regardless of the actual hours I sit in the brick and mortar building. I work. I think. I analyze. I surf the web, and try to think of things to share on Facebook. I live. I love. I make lists. I lose lists. I chill. I clean. I cook. I read. I chill.

I chill.

In shame, I bow my head and confess that I haven't worked on my book in 2 months. Sure, I record and write notes here and there, but I'm not on it. But hey - I just moved in a new home, it's summertime, and I can only do so much.

Excuses.

And, then, my side business has dried up because I can't devote the proper time to it. DashCo. Editing Services is not dead, just on a sabbatical. But, I thank God tremendously for having a busy mind. I may not be putting pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard), but I think I know what I need to do, and eventually I'll get it all done in between trying to be a healthier, better, even happier, wife and mother...and employee...and entrepreneur. You get it: I's busy!

Here's a shout out to sistas all over who get up everyday and make it happen. Those of us who are also night owls because we don't want to miss anything. Big Ups to the Superwomen we are... Of course, our celebration wouldn't be complete without a little mood music. Let me know which ones I missed in the comments section.

Gloria Gayner - I Will Survive (Live)


Alicia Keys - Superwoman (Live) (no matter what, it's a FAB song!)


Lisa Stansfield - All Woman (Live)


Whitney Houston & CeCe Winans - Count on Me (Live)


Destiny's Child - Independent Woman (Live)


Karyn White - Superwoman


Christina Aguilera ft. Lil Kim - Can't Hold Us Down


Helen Reddy - I Am Woman (y'all don't know nothin' bout Helen!)


Janet Jackson - Control


Diana Ross - I'm Coming Out


Mc Lyte - Lyte as a Rock


Queen Latifah and Monie in the Middle - Ladies First


Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun


Eve - Who's That Girl


Ne-Yo and Jamie Foxx - She Got Her Own

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just say what you feel!