Sunday, July 30, 2006

Oprah and Gayle Sittin' in a Tree....LOL


Oprah Winfrey and Gayle "my best friend" King, recently addressed their friendship in "O" Magazine. Why they felt the need to clarify the gay rumors is beyond me, but they did. Of course, there has been a backlash due to some of their comments in the interview, but what did they expect? Straight people do not need to do anything to prove they are straight other than BE straight.

I understand close female friendships, but Oprah and Gayle's is too close. NO, I don't think they are gay, but I do think they have a dysfunctional friendship. You can't put your best friend before your husband, Gayle. And Stedman has always known his place. It's too much. Too much!

Click here to read a portion of "Oprah and Gayle: Uncensored!" (oh joy)

Quotes from the interview:
"If Oprah were a man, I'd marry her."
- Gayle King

"I understand why people think we're gay. There isn't a definition in our culture for this kind of bond between women. So I get why people have to label it - how can you be this close without it being sexual? My relationship with Gayle is ...other wordly..."
- Oprah Winfrey

Don't worry Oprah, if you really believe that your relationship with Gayle is "other wordly", pretty soon it will be sexual. Or maybe they are Asexual now...?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just say what you feel!