Tuesday, March 17, 2009

American Idol, Season 8: Top 11

It's no secret that I'm a huge American Idol fan — I am LOVING this season!

My Top 5:



Lil Rounds, 23, Memphis Tennessee
I assume her name is Lil Rounds because she's packing a Buffy the Body booty, but ya girl is the only black chic on the show and she can sing. She kinda reminds me of a calmer Fantasia. I like her and I wish we were homegirls (lol). I'm still waiting for Lil to give us her "Summertime".




Adam Lambert, 26, Hollywood, CA
Adam is one of the best performers I have ever seen on AI. He's going to be in the top 3 for sure. Actually, I don't see why he wouldn't win the contest all together. Adam hasn't sang a bad note yet. This gender bender is a star and I looooove him!




Danny Gokey, 28, Milwaukee, WI
Aw man!! Danny is the bomb. This is the most soulful and on point white boy I've heard in a long minute! His voice rides the notes like the most seasoned R&B singer. Justin Timberlake wish he could! I can't adequately express how impressed I am with Danny. He's like Micheal Bolten without all the extra stuff in his throat.




Anoop Desai, 21, Chapel Hill, NC
PLEASE don't sleep on Anoop. Yeah, he sang and "danced" to a Bobby Brown song, and it was funny -- but Anoop can SANG. Close your eyes and just listen. He has an absolutely beautiful voice, full of rich soul and emotion. If he keeps on performing like he did tonight, it's going to be real hard not to vote for Anoop.




Allison Iraheta, 16, Los Angeles, CA
Maaaan, this girl is 16 and she can blow any woman out the water! I love Allison. She's a rocker, country singer, soul singer... hell I bet she can sing classical. She's the only 16 year old singer who doesn't look funny singing grown woman songs. Allison can sing about taking your man and it wouldn't even cross your mind that she's a "lil girl". Brilliant.

Mediocre Contestants



Meghan Joy, 21, Sandy, UT
Meghan is very likable. She's quirky, cute, and looks like a star. She's a cleaner and sliiightly less talented version of Amy Winehouse. I like her, but I don't love her. Yet.



Alexis Grace, 21, Memphis, TN
Alexis isn't a great singer, but I have really liked her spunky song choices. I enjoy her stage presence and really, she's not that bad. She shouldn't win, but she's fun to watch and her voice is OK.




Scott McIntyre, 22, Scottsdale, AZ
I refuse to be swayed by the fact that Scott is blind. He's a fantastic piano player but only a so-so singer. Keeping it all too real, I'll have to say that Scott is boring and he needs to punch up everything. Or just be a piano player.




Kris Allen, 23, Conway, AZ
Good looking guy with a smooth, controlled, lovely voice. I may need to move him to the top 5. (Swap out Lil Rounds.)

The Forgettables

These contestants might be able to sing, but I want them Gone gone gone.



Michael Sarver, 27, Jasper, TX
Micheal's a nice guy. He works at a steel place or on a big ship or something manual and manly. He's short, stocky, and his mouth only opens so much. Hate him. The facial expressions and limp vocals are just not working. UGHHH. I'm ready for him to go back home to his wife and kid.




Matt Giraud, 27, Kalamazoo, MI
Please wake me when he leaves the stage.


**A few notes about tonight's show**
1 - Lil Rounds SANG that song. She rocked that country song and I thought it was very unfair and RACIST of each of the judges to question her choice of song and to comment that she looked uncomfortable singing it. She didn't look uncomfortable. She sang "Independance Day" from the heart. I think that each of the judges, Randy included, had a hard time seeing a black girl from the hood singing a country song. Period.

2 - I really dislike the new judge. She judges with too much authority. Who are you?

[Googles Kara Dioguardi and is now very impressed. ;-)]

Do you watch American Idol? Who's your favorite?


AmericanIdol.com

4 comments:

  1. No...I've never been into American Idol. I did see the guy that's blind perform. I thought he was such a cutie pie!

    Go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the exact same about the blind kid...his piano playing skills are cold, but the voice is not all that. I tried not being offensive but it's really hard watching him as he performs. I know he can't see, but his movements are so rigid, and his facial expressions scare me.

    Lil is my favorite, she can sing, very sexy, and genuine. But her voice could use some individuality. She does bring some Fantasia with her, but big-lip tasia has tricks.......what can Lil do? do something.

    And Kara acts like this is her show.....so what she's got all this experience........it's just not the same with her there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GO ALLISON!!!! I love this chick. She rocks hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. texasghostrider3/28/2009 8:38 PM

    I really liked Lil singing country she was good. I disagreed with the judges on their call about her. My next choice is little Allison. She has a voice and I think she will be around for a long time after this AI season.

    ReplyDelete

Just say what you feel!