Thursday, March 19, 2009

Slow Down, Obama



This morning I was watching one of my favorite shows, Golden Girls (whatever), when Bear raced from the bedroom to tell me that Obama was on Sports Center picking the NCAA tournament winner. At first I said, "He needs to be WORKING on America right now" - THEN I realized that the brotha has been working hard as hell, so I said, "That's good... Work hard, play hard. I hope they don't complain that the President's goofing off."

Then I read this:
President Obama, in his taping with Jay Leno Thursday afternoon, attempted to yuk it up with the funnyman, and ended up insulting the disabled.

Towards the end of his approximately 40-minute appearance, the president talked about how he's gotten better at bowling and has been practicing in the White House bowling alley.

He bowled a 129, the president said.

"That's very good, Mr. President," Leno said sarcastically.

It's "like the Special Olympics or something," the president said.
Damn.
When asked about the remark, the White House said the president did not intend to offend.

"The president made an off-hand remark making fun of his own bowling that was in no way intended to disparage the Special Olympics," White House deputy press secretary Bill Burton said. "He thinks the Special Olympics is a wonderful program that gives an opportunity for people with disabilities from around the world."

My advice: Go take a nap, Prez. Just get some sleep, wake up refreshed, and don't say any more RETARDED ish like that. And, I can say "retarded" because I'm not the POTUS, but you Sir, you most definitely can't make fun of those disabled constituents who voted you in office.

I'm so afraid that the southside of Chicago within Obama will take over and say and do all kinds of n*ggafied ish. I'm terrified that Obama will be overtaken by that "familiarity gene" that WE can bring to any office. I pray he doesn't slack up on his being professional and politically correct. I pray he doesn't get too laid back and gully with it in the next few years. I pray he never ends up on Dancing with the Stars...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just say what you feel!