Sunday, August 13, 2006

Outkast Deny Breakup Rumors

"Yesterday I got a phone call from Big Boi and he said that on some hip-hop Websites that the headlines were reading something to the effect of, 'It's Official: Outkast Is Broken Up,' or something like that," Andre said.

"And man, we're looking at it like, where is this sh-- coming from? I was on 'TRL' today to release a new video, and I meant to say something [about the situation] on the air. But the way they had the questions set up, I didn't have a chance to do it." Andre says that the rumors are not just on the Internet, but very much in the streets."

"N---as hit me in the street like, 'Yeah man, I heard the bad news. Sorry to hear about that,' " Andre continued. "I'm like 'Man, what are you talking about?' Everything is still tight, most definitely." (more here)

I love Outkast like Beyonce loves Jay-Z, but I am prepared for them to announce an official split sometime after Idlewild. I was mad at Andre 3000 for not wanting to rap anymore, but come on...he's a grown man. He can choose to switch up professions and stop rapping if it's not in his heart. Truth be told, I'm still upset about his departure from Erykah Badu, but 'taint my life.


Outkast (minus Big Boi) - Idlewild Blues


Outkast (minus Andre) - Morris Brown


Idlewild - Trailer

Can't wait to see the movie on August 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just say what you feel!